Due to Microsoft .NET Framework Security Updates, some BizTalk Server installations may be affected. Access denied or Class not registered errors.
BizTalk engine will still process messages, including sending and receiving them.
- You can’t see, stop or start host instances
- You can’t refresh applications
- Gives access denied or Class not registered errors while trying to load some panels inside BizTalk Server Administration Console
- Random errors in BizTalk Server Administration Console while browsing
- Other weird issues while deploying applications via Deployment Framework for BizTalk (BTDF)
.NET Framework (4.6.2) has received some security updates on 20th July 2018. These updates refresh some assemblies that are in use by BizTalk Server! Microsoft states that a fix is coming mid July 2018, but, at this moment, I’m not seeing these “fixes” in my machine…
The actual fix;
You need to uninstall ALL your .NET Framework updates for version 4.6.2 that were installed after 19th of July 2018! Follow these simple steps to uninstall them (if you don’t know how to do it):
- Open Control Panel
- Select Program and Features
- On the left pane, select “View installed updates”
- Uninstall every update that targets .NET Framework 4.6.X that were installed AFTER 19th July 2018
IMPORTANT NOTE: Uninstalling some of them may require a reboot. DO NOT REBOOT UNTILL ALL UPDATES ARE UNINSTALLED!
Below are some updates that were identified by users as source of their problems:
- BizTalk Server 2013 R2: KB4338600, KB4338601
- BizTalk Server 2010: KB4338602
- Other versions: KB4338600, KB4338605, KB4338613, KB4338814, KB4338424, KB4338419
The one that was causing my BizTalk Server Administration Console to fail was KB4338606. As you can see, this update isn’t listed above. Those updates were identified by other users, they may not, by any means, be the origin of your problems. This is why I prefer to uninstall them all! Remember, your mileage my vary.
If you have any questions or if you need help to figure this out, feel free to post a comment! I’ll try my best to help you out!